Terms and Conditions
This terms and conditions was updated 2023-06-26 16:24:58.763.
For accessing and using data within the Critical Path Institute CPP Integrated Parkinson's
I request access to data collected and collated by the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database for the
purpose of scientific investigation, teaching or the planning of clinical research studies and
agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. I will not attempt to establish the identity of, or make contact with, any of the subjects.
2. I will not disclose these data beyond the use(s) specifically outlined in this application.
3. I have the authority to bind my institution to these Terms and Conditions.
4. I will only share these data with employees from my organization who are bound to comply with
the terms and conditions of this data use agreement.
5. I will accurately provide any information requested regarding persons who will use these data
and the analyses that are planned using these data.
6. I will comply with any rules and regulations imposed by my institution and its institutional
review board in requesting and using these data.
7. I will not sell any of the data comprising the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database unless
pursuant to a separately negotiated licensing agreement with the owner of the original data.
8. I will not attempt in any way to patent know-how, knowledge, algorithms or other intellectual
property generated by the use of these data.
9. I will ensure that investigators who utilize CPP Data use appropriate administrative, physical,
and technical safeguards to prevent the use or disclosure of the data other than as provided for by
10. I will report any use or disclosure of the data not provided for by this Agreement of which I
become aware within 5 days of becoming aware of such use or disclosure.
11. I acknowledge that no consortium member makes any representation or warranty, express, implied,
statutory or otherwise with respect to the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database or the data
12. I acknowledge that no consortium member, nor any of their respective directors, officers,
employees, agents or affiliates shall have any liability to me as a result of my use of the CPP
Integrated Parkinson’s Database or any of the
data contained therein (whether as a result of direct, indirect, incidental,
special, exemplary, punitive, consequential or other damages) however caused and on any theory of
liability. This limitation will apply even if a consortium member has been advised of the
possibility of such damage.
13. By accessing the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database, I agree to indemnify, defend and hold
harmless Critical Path Institute (CPath), each consortium member and each of their respective
directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates (each an "indemnified party" and
collectively, the "indemnified parties"), from and against any and all liabilities, losses,
damages, costs and expenses (and all legal costs including reasonable attorneys' fees, court costs,
expenses and settlements resulting from any action or claim) incurred by, or asserted against any
indemnified party arising from or relating to any claim or action brought by a third party that
arises from or results from my use of the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database and/or my possession
and use of any data I obtained from the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database, whether by download or
otherwise. If any such claim or proceeding arises, the applicable indemnified party shall give
written notice of the claim to me promptly after the indemnified party receives notice of its
existence. I shall have the right, at my expense, to employ counsel to defend against the claim,
and to compromise, settle or otherwise dispose of the claim, all at my expense, provided that no
compromise or settlement of any claim admitting liability of or imposing duties or performance
upon any indemnified party may be effected without the prior written consent of such indemnified
party. If I do not initiate efforts to defend against or resist the claim within thirty (30) days
after receiving notice from any indemnified party, the indemnified party shall be free to
investigate, defend, compromise, settle or otherwise dispose of the claim and incur other costs in
connection therewith, for the account and at my expense, in such manner as the indemnified party
deems in its best interest. Indemnification does not apply if the requester is a US Government
employee, acting on behalf of the US Government.
14. If I publish abstracts using data from the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database, I will cite the
CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database as the source of the data.
15. If I publish abstracts using data from the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database, group
authorship of the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database will not be cited in the authorship line of
16. If I publish manuscripts using data from the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database, I will
include the phrase “for the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database *" on the author line of the
manuscript, after the named authors, with the asterisk referring to the following statement:
* “Data used in the preparation of this article were obtained from the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s
Database. As such, the investigators within the organizations that contributed data to the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database
assisted with the design and implementation of the data platform and/or provided data, but did not participate in the
analysis of the data or the writing of this report.”
17. If I publish manuscripts using data from the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database, I will
include language similar to the following in the methods section of my manuscripts to accurately
acknowledge data gathering by the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database:
“Data used in the preparation of this article were obtained from the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s
Database. The CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database initiative is funded by Parkinson’s UK and
consortium membership organizations and launched in October of 2015 by the Critical Path Institute
18. I will submit all manuscripts using the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database to the CPP
Coordinating Committee prior to submitting them to a journal. This review will not be a scientific
review, but is intended to ensure that the items required above are correctly implemented. The CPP
Coordinating Committee will maintain confidentiality of the manuscript and will complete its review
and approval within two weeks of receipt.
19. In the event that I download data from the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database for the purposes
of analysis and future publication in the form of abstracts and/or publications, I will note the
date of the data I download, and I will check the data base to determine if updated data have been
provided prior to submission of any material for publication.
20. I will comply with any local regulations that govern in the location where the data are held by
21. In the case of unauthorized access and/or use of data provided by C-Path, I shall notify C-Path
within 5 days of becoming aware of such use or disclosure.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is the policy of the CPP Integrated Parkinson’s Database to add additional data
as it becomes available. Therefore, I understand that outputs performed on the data by the CPP Data
Platform may change as new data are added.
I understand that failure to abide by these guidelines will result in termination of its access to
the CPP database as well as any other remedies that may be available to C-Path or CPP members
pursuant to these Terms and Conditions or applicable law.